Everywhere you look it seems companies are altering something about themselves, whether it’s fine-tuning their logos, changing their names or slogans, or just shifting their business models. Needless to say, color and branding go hand in hand. And a strong brand identity is crucial to any business’s future.
When people start to think about putting together promotional materials they can often overlook the importance of what color ‘says’. Perhaps they just pick colors they like or their favorite color. But it’s important to pay attention to what your color choice is conveying about your brand. Just Google ‘Color Psychology’ and you will learn more than you ever wanted to know about what the color of your logo can say and what emotion it captures in your customers. No matter what you read, the bottom line is usually this: Color is a universal language; it conveys meaning and emotion without words.
It can be difficult to know where to begin. And depending on what you are trying to convey about your company, you may want to consider the color choice. To help with this task, here are 5 colors and what they say about your brand’s logo:
- BLUE: It’s arguably one of the most popular choices for a brand color, as it puts people at ease (think about the ocean and blue skies, ahhh). Blue also expresses authority, trust, and intelligence.
- RED: It actually increases your heart rate, so it’s no surprise that red is a visceral color. Red expresses boldness, action, and power.
- PURPLE: If you’re trying to be mysterious and rich, go for this popular hue. Purple also seems to exude royalty and elegance. This is a great color for showing creativity.
- BLACK: Companies use this color if they want to appear prestigious, valuable and sophisticated. Like the dress, it’s a classic
- GREEN: You don’t have to be an environmental company to go green. This color says serenity, health & wellness.
If you’re like me, there are times when you don’t remember the name of the company, but you will remember the colors associated with them. A company’s color translates from their logo to their promo items to their uniforms to their packaging… and on.. and on. The color is what stands out. So be sure you pick one that tells your customer what you are trying to convey.
Here at PinSource we are happy to walk you through the color choice process. If you already have your color choice, great! We can find help you find the right promotional materials that will compliment your logo and make it stand out nicely. If you don’t quite have your colors chosen, no worries! We can talk you through the color choice process and help you on your way to a perfect color scheme.