When you’re purchasing your custom lapel pins from PinSource, there are certain things you should keep in mind to make sure you get everything you need out of the process. The following are a few tips that can help you get the most out of your order:
- Proofread your text. This might sound like a no-brainer, but it’s a surprisingly common mistake. A lot of companies handle a large volume of orders at the same time, and might not catch a spelling error. This is especially true of names, as there are often multiple different spelling options.
- Balance savings with quality. Make sure that you don’t make unnecessary sacrifices to the quality of your lapel pins order just save a few bucks. On the other hand, you also need to be sure that your demand matches your budget. This can take some careful planning to get right.
- Make sure you know what you’re buying. If you don’t understand a specific term, ask. Some manufacturers will automatically assume you know what cloisonné means, even if you’ve never heard that word before in your life. Asking the right questions is the only way to be absolutely sure that you’re getting exactly what you want.
- Avoid over-complexity. Most companies order lapel pins as a means of promoting their brand. In order for that to work, casual onlookers have to be able to tell just what it is they’re looking at. As a general guideline, make sure that your images and text are plainly visible to somebody standing at a distance of at least three feet.
- Thoroughly review your planning and decision-making process. The number one mistake that companies make is not putting enough thought into their order. Make sure that your design is appropriate for the type of pins you’re ordering. For example, think about whether it should be on a photographic pin or a soft enamel pin. Place your order well enough in advance of your event so that you are certain your pins will arrive on time. Review all artwork and text to see that it is highly visible and easy to recognize.
Using these simple suggestions, you should be able to avoid some of the common pitfalls when ordering your custom lapel pins. If you have any other questions, you can always contact us.