Pinsource is proud to carry a wide variety of products that are made right here in the United States. While many people might not care whether their products are domestic or imported, there are plenty of people who choose to specifically purchase items made in America.
There are a variety of benefits that come with buying American-made items, but the two biggest are these:
- You’re supporting American jobs. The economy is still attempting to make a comeback from the big economic downturn of 2008 and 2009. Every time you do business with a company located in America, you’re supporting American business and jobs that people here desperately need.
- You’re supporting good wages. The reason that many businesses choose to outsource a majority of their work is that international locations charge much less money than American companies. The down side of that is that international companies that do these big jobs often don’t pay their employees livable wages. The more companies outsource their work, the more that these international locations feel like they can get away with such poor wages.
The first benefit is especially important. There are many people who have fallen on rough times over the past several years in the United States. Between the growing trend of outsourcing work and the amount of manufacturing jobs being lost to machines in the United States, every single job that can be supported in the manufacturing industry is precious. While it’s certainly understandable that people are interested in saving money on their purchases, you also have to consider the effect of those savings on our nation’s economy.
One estimate says that the United States has lost about 32% of its manufacturing jobs just since the year 2000. That’s a staggering figure, and it just goes to emphasize how important it can be to buy American and keep jobs in the United States.
Pinsource is proud to be an international company, and provides high-quality items to many people all across the globe. But our American customers will appreciate knowing that if they choose, they can buy items made right here in the United States and support their nation’s economy.
Seeds of Hope Hard Enamel Lapel Pin
One of the most common ways that schools, scout organizations and other youth groups raise funds is by having their children create artwork and then having them printed on t-shirts, mugs, mouse pads and more for their parents to purchase. It’s an extremely simple fundraiser that usually has great results.
With Pinsource, you can run that exact same type of fundraiser, taking artwork designed by your children and having it displayed on PVC coasters, key chains, custom coins, patches, magnets and more. Here are a few of the biggest reasons why you should consider getting your school or youth group involved with this type of fundraiser through Pinsource:
- It’s a great money maker. Parents love buying items that feature artwork made by their children. This makes it a very effective fundraiser.
- The kids love it. Kids love seeing their own art put onto products like magnets, shirts and coasters. It’s a cool feeling for them to see something they created put into a product that they or their parents use around the house on an everyday basis.
- Quick deliveries. If your organization is in a time crunch, Pinsource can work with you to turn around your order in a quick, efficient manner.
- Great customer service. You can obtain a quote for your delivery simply by filling out a form on our website, and we’ll get back to you quickly with an estimate for the project. We also keep lines of communication open at all times throughout the process of fulfilling and delivering the order so you are kept in the loop about our progress.
Have any more questions about how we can work with your school or organization on this type of fundraiser? Contact us today for more information; we’re happy to help you in any way we can!
People who don’t do a whole lot of jewelry shopping might occasionally be confused as to what exactly a karat is. Most people know that it has a correlation with value and that 24 karat gold is pure gold, but what does that mean for how the metal is used and how exactly is there a correlation between karats and value?
A karat (also occasionally spelled carat), when used for jewelry purposes, is a unit of purity. As most people know, 24-karat gold is pure gold. However, 24-karat gold is far too soft to use in jewelry, so usually gold gets mixed with a sturdier metal like copper or silver when making pins or jewelry.
Every karat in a piece of jewelry is 1/24th of the whole purity. So let’s say you order a pin from Pinsource that is 10 parts gold and 14 parts silver. That would mean that it is 10-karat gold.
This method of measuring purity of precious metals dates back about a thousand years to Germany. At the time, Germany was using gold marks for its currency. Another use for karats is as a unit of mass, and in that form a karat is the same as 200 milligrams (so yes, you could figure out your own mass in karats!). Germany’s gold marks weight 24 karats, or 4.8 grams. Measuring the purity of the gold within that coin was therefore done in karats.
Of course, karats don’t only apply to gold; this is just the most common example. If you have ever purchased an engagement ring (or will be soon), you have likely been overwhelmed by karat numbers while doing your shopping. Generally the higher the number of karats, the more expensive the metal or jewel will be, because most people place an emphasis on purity when it comes to valuating precious metals.
So there you have it, a short explanation of what karats are and how they are measured. Keep this in mind the next time you order a product made with precious metals from Pinsource!