During Halloween, parents will take young children from house to house, and older children may be crossing streets unattended in the dark. Because trick-or-treating usually happens at night, visibility is reduced. So, for moms and dads, often there is a fine line between Halloween fun and safety concerns, especially when it comes to road and pedestrian safety. This month we have featured some items that could be used to be sure trick or treaters are visible to motorists or other trick or treaters at all times. Whether you’re a group of parents who want to stock up, or you are with a school group or organization and want to encourage families to be safe – we’ve got you covered. Here are some featured items that will help with night visibility:
Our Blinking Safety Lights:
These help to light your child’s way to a safe, fun time while trick-or-treating. Clip these handy 1½” lights to your clothing to make sure you’re visible to others at night. They’re also great for attaching to your bike, dog’s collar or backpack. Simply push the button to turn them on and off.
Our Reflective Bags: These are great for trick or treaters running house to house filling up their bag with treats. The metallic bags reflect car headlights to provide increased visibility of trick-or-treaters at night. It features educational safety tips and is 100% recyclable.
Some Other Halloween Safety Tips Include:
- Plan costumes that are bright and reflective. Make sure that shoes fit well and that costumes are short enough to prevent tripping, entanglement or contact with flame.
- Consider adding reflective tape or striping to costumes and trick-or-treat bags for greater visibility.
- Because masks can limit or block eyesight, consider non-toxic makeup and decorative hats as safer alternatives. Hats should fit properly to prevent them from sliding over eyes.
- When shopping for costumes, wigs and accessories look for and purchase those with a label clearly indicating they are flame resistant.
- Obtain flashlights with fresh batteries for all children.
PinSource wants to ensure your little monsters are safe this Halloween season. Be in touch with us if you are interested in these safe and fun Halloween items this season.